Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums  

Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums > General Scenario Paintball > Polls

Polls For gathering information to help paintball companies and players.

View Poll Results: Should there be a surrender rule? Is so what should it be?
There should be NO Surrender rule! 11 18.33%
Must ask for surrender within 5 feet! 8 13.33%
Must ask for surrender within 10 feet! 30 50.00%
Must ask for surrender within 20 feet! 8 13.33%
Automatic surrender rule when players are within 10 feet of eachother! 3 5.00%
Automatic surrender rule when players are within 20 feet of eachother! 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #41
Psyco

With everyone so worried about player participation in the coming years I would say this rule is a must. Surrender should be left at a optional basis mostly to give people the choice. If there is a SR paintballer that gets called and would rather have a close range shoot out then by all means its his/her choice. However if some new player to the sport would like not to go home with a welt the size of a fist then again its his or her choice.

Distance is up to the player calling for surrender. Personally I have made a guy surrender with in 15 feet, my brother on the other hand had a guy with in 5 feet and offered him surrender. Its truly up to both players.

Just my 2 cents worth

-Psyco
Psyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #42
Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco View Post
With everyone so worried about player participation in the coming years I would say this rule is a must. Surrender should be left at a optional basis mostly to give people the choice. If there is a SR paintballer that gets called and would rather have a close range shoot out then by all means its his/her choice. However if some new player to the sport would like not to go home with a welt the size of a fist then again its his or her choice.

Distance is up to the player calling for surrender. Personally I have made a guy surrender with in 15 feet, my brother on the other hand had a guy with in 5 feet and offered him surrender. Its truly up to both players.

Just my 2 cents worth

-Psyco
Good point. It is a lot about who the player is. If I get the drop on someone that plays a lot and who wouldn't care I'll shoot them, but if the kid looks new I'll go for a surrender or barrel tap. lol at resident evil some little kid turned around at the last second so my barrel was in his face. Didn't even need to ask, he just ripped off his armband!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #43
cutlass66guy

when the guys and a couple girls get together and play we always use th 10' rule its just nice having the option we play a few times a year nothing much so instead of fighting about it all year. that way the player has the option to give up or fight it out. myself i ran up on my friend hidding behind a wall spraying paint at me and when he reloaded i ran up on the other side of the wall and put my gun over and he gave up what i didnt know was he had someone else in there with him and he did the same thing to me but without the option he just unloaded on me. i got hit probably 15 times in that one. it sucked he knew i was there and never gave me the option that would have been 15 less bruises i would have had need less to say i had a couple beers that night for the "pain" lol. but its nice to have the option i think.
cutlass66guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #44
C4 Explosives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Good point. It is a lot about who the player is. If I get the drop on someone that plays a lot and who wouldn't care I'll shoot them, but if the kid looks new I'll go for a surrender or barrel tap. lol at resident evil some little kid turned around at the last second so my barrel was in his face. Didn't even need to ask, he just ripped off his armband!
Old thread, but just for fun I'll comment since I never did. I think a big part of this comes down to the experience of the player and their ability to judge the experience level of their target. The only surrender rule that I play by is that I don't surrender, I will call a player's bluff and try to book it. Truth is that most players don't want to shoot someone at pointblank because they know it'll hurt and I'll always opt to exploit that merciful-ness. At up to 20' I'm not going to miss, so if I get the drop on someone at up to 20' I'll target somewhere on a player where it won't hurt, if that isn't an option I'll get closer and ask for the surrender. At up to 20' if it's a newer player and especially if they don't have any hard targets on their person I will ask for the surrender. If I get the drop on an experienced player that I know won't surrender then anything is fair game. I am actually saying that it comes down to good individual judgement.

Bunkering is the exception and the great unknown, there might be one guy or 10 behind that bunker. Typically I'll round the bunker shouting for a surrender and within 1-2 seconds I'm firing if hands aren't up. More often than not I have to shoot the first guy/gal, but if there are more they fold and surrender, if not I get lit up and just take it, that's the risk in bunkering.

*** I am in no way responsible for Slumlord's comments ***
C4 Explosives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #45
ModernDaySpartans

I play often at my local field with just my TiPX, and use this more often then before. I usually tell them Mercy or I will fire and am with in 10 feet. They always do. A few times I have walked up grabbed them by the shoulder told them "bud you're out." Looks are priceless!
ModernDaySpartans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #46
raykowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDaySpartans View Post
I play often at my local field with just my TiPX, and use this more often then before. I usually tell them Mercy or I will fire and am with in 10 feet. They always do. A few times I have walked up grabbed them by the shoulder told them "bud you're out." Looks are priceless!
physical contact is never allowed
Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #47
C4 Explosives

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykowski View Post
physical contact is never allowed
True, but a gentle tap on the shoulder and a whisper never hurt anybody, you definitely don't want to restrain someone. I've walked up on players who are prone with no means to defend themselves (or don't know how from that position) and I've done this, they always appreciate not being lit up.
C4 Explosives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #48
ModernDaySpartans

Default Tap

It was a tap, I closed the distance to prevent a turn around and shoot situation.
ModernDaySpartans is offline   Reply With Quote