Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums  

Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums > General Scenario Paintball > Tech Questions

Tech Questions Players and help eachother out with tech question for their paintball gear.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
Jedimaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutstep View Post
as long as your squeezing your balls correctly you should be fine

Good advice, in general!!!!

Without Honor, Victory is Hollow
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
cutstep

I thought about putting 'thats what she said' in there for both that one and the 8" thing
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
Jedimaster

Just too damn funny...

I haven't been able to concentrate since reading that, I just keep laughing.
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #14
Drachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Yes, the sale guys are there to sell, But the guys a CC dont push you to buy stuff. The guys at CC are very Friendly at both stores.
I wasn't necessarily referring to CC, just more sales in general. Look at some of the products that sales people have pushed that has done little to nothing - Magic box, sniper fins, and rifled barrels to name just a few. They're gimmicks, and myths. Punkworks did some work on seeing what the minimum length is that you actually need. I believe it was about 8 inches.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
nchittendon

The whole science behind the Hammerhead kits, or the TechT iFit system is on the belief that the paintball only needs roughly the first 3 inches to do it's job and get out of dodge. They claim that as long as the first 3 inches is sized properly, you don't need to worry about the rest of the barrel. In general it helps if the barrel is a bit larger than the sizer. Again, that is the same story I've heard from my TechT rep and my Hammerhead rep.

Personal experience, I prefer to stick to the "old school" belief of having somewhere between a 12" and 16" GOOD barrel. But after watching the TechT iFit perform on the field, I think I may be starting to be swayed a tad to the 3" rule. I highly recommend the iFit kit for anyone.

Sorry if I came off sounding like a sales rep. that wasn't my intention.
~In a crisis an operator will not rise to the occasion, but rather sink to the level of their training~
nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #16
bauer the baller

just remember as you shorten your barrel you will also start to loose efficiency. Same thing if you go too long. 14" is generally accepted as the optimum length. accuracy shouldn't be affected much as long as you dont go too short. also if you underbore a bit you can probably get away with a shorter barrel
Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
Drachen

That's the main difference I noticed between my freak and iFit...the efficiency...both work great for stopping fillings which is the reason I got it for atleast.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #18
C4 Explosives

Donkey Kong's barrels seem to be almost as big as Mario and he seems to have pretty decent accuracy.

*** I am in no way responsible for Slumlord's comments ***
C4 Explosives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #19
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchittendon View Post
The whole science behind the Hammerhead kits, or the TechT iFit system is on the belief that the paintball only needs roughly the first 3 inches to do it's job and get out of dodge. They claim that as long as the first 3 inches is sized properly, you don't need to worry about the rest of the barrel. In general it helps if the barrel is a bit larger than the sizer. Again, that is the same story I've heard from my TechT rep and my Hammerhead rep.

Personal experience, I prefer to stick to the "old school" belief of having somewhere between a 12" and 16" GOOD barrel. But after watching the TechT iFit perform on the field, I think I may be starting to be swayed a tad to the 3" rule. I highly recommend the iFit kit for anyone.

Sorry if I came off sounding like a sales rep. that wasn't my intention.
As a firm believer in the Hammerhead barrel systen (most accurate barrel I have ever used), I was wondering if anyone else had tried the iFit system and could share their thoughts?

Hammerhead does not yet have an Angel kit (this winter hopefully) and my Angel only came with three sized backs (all sizes huge- .691,.693,.695). With my old BT, the Hammerhead sizing backs took my FPS from 265 to 315 with no adjustment and brought the consistency from a wild 45 FPS variance to only +/-12 FPS.

The thought of my A1 getting even more efficient and accurate is scary good. Is the iFit system the next step? (I could still use it with the Hammerhead system when that is released).

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Wolf Pack Teammate
Pelican Brigade Paint Ball Club Member
Oklahoma D-Day British Airborne Member
Wild Bunch Team Member
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #20
C4 Explosives

Do a barrel roll!
C4 Explosives is offline   Reply With Quote